Hope you had a wonderful Valentine’s Day!
Did you know that February is heart month? Keep spreading love for the month of February!
9 out of 10 Canadians over the age of 20 have at least one risk factor for heart disease and stroke. Canadians, gather together and create awareness on steps to take to help prevent cardiovascular disease, including heart attacks and stroke.
This is just one reason why the Canadian Health Institute invested more than $98 million in 2010-2011 to support cardiovascular research.
10 Health Heart Tips:
- Be active for at least 30 min a day for most days of the week
- Consume essential fatty acids from fish, fortified eggs or supplements
- Quit smoking
- Use olive oil rather than butter, lard or shortening
- Eat dark chocolate (in moderation of course)
- Forgive and love
- Eat raw fruits and veggies
- Drink alcohol in moderation– 1 drink/day for women and 2 drinks/day for men
- Don’t eat too much salt
Do you or your loved one suffer from any heart condition or any other medical condition?
Take ACTION! Help further medical knowledge by partaking in a research study.