Participating in clinical trials has multiple benefits:
- By volunteering, you have the satisfaction of knowing that your involvement will not only benefit you, but many others suffering from the same condition
- You can also be satisfied in knowing that you will help in medical advancements and be part of potential breakthroughs. Due to the great progress made through clinical trials, many people suffering from debilitating diseases are now living longer and more satisfying lives
- You will have access to a treatment that would otherwise be unavailable to you
- Experienced, knowledgeable, and trained medical professionals will monitor your progress closely
- You will have 24-hour access (i.e. telephone number) to a medical professional who is familiar with the trial and your condition
- All medications, tests, and treatments will be provided at no cost
- In many cases, compensation will be provided for your time, travel expenses, etc.